Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Healing Rocks!

Amethyst, Quartz, Turquoise, Jade, Garnet.....Many ancient cultures were well aware of the power of  these candied-colored gems, but today crystals are most commonly used to make jewelry.  But these little rainbow rocks are more powerful than meets the eye!  Each stone carries properties that are associated to balance and heal different areas of our mind, body and spirit.  They can even be used to amplify our own intentions for healing.  I recently completed Level I towards my certification in crystal healing at Satin Crystals in San Francisco.  I am a natural!  It may have to do with the fact that when I was 3 years old I relentlessly begged my mother to change my name to Crystal. : )  Although my name remains the same, my love for crystals has not changed.
Let's make some gem elixirs!  Gem Elixirs are best when you would like to use the healing properties of a crystal by making a healing potion.

Step 1:  Choose your crystals.  You can select your stones by using your intuition or a pendulum if you would like.  I selected crystals based on areas that I was looking to heal.  Using a few of my friends as guinea pigs, I chose a Rhodochrosite which is the Love crystal.  It helps to attract a soul mate.  It also brings healing and balance to the heart. : )
You can also choose several different types of crystals and create a blended gem elixir.  I selected Amethyst (to enhance spirituality, crown chakra), Citrine (increase cash flow, enhance personal power, solar plexus) and Rose Quartz (attunes to self-love, unconditional love for all).
Step 2: Clean and Program your crystals.
Clean your crystals by gently washing them with water and let them dry.  You can program your crystals by holding them in your hand and meditate as to what you would like their help in: health, matters of the heart, good fortune, etc.  It's always a good idea to charge your crystals with the full moon in between uses.

Step 3:  Place your crystals in a small clear jar or container of purified, spring or bottled water and seal with a lid.  You can even bless the water as you pour it into your containers.  (At least that's what I do.) Then place them in the sun for at least 24 hours and up to 14 days.  A window sill is a great place for them to get their daily dose of solar energy.  Using your intuition here, once you feel that the water has absorbed the vibration of the gems, they are ready to be made into elixirs.  Mine took about a week.  Your crystal charged water is ready - this is called the mother essence.
Step 4:  To begin the bottling process you will need a few dark colored dropper bottles (1oz amber colored droppers are cheap and easy to find), a funnel or pitcher to pour and to preserve the elixir you will need either vodka, brandy or vinegar (for a non-alcoholic option).
Step 5:  Fill up half the dropper bottle with your preservative.  I used Brandy.  Then carefully pour your crystal charged water (or mother essence) to fill the rest of the bottle.
Step 6:  Seal and label your elixir.  This crystalline potion can be used similar to how you would use flower essences.  A few drops in your water or under the tongue twice a day until you no longer feel the elixir is necessary.  Enjoy the balance these precious stones can bring!

1 comment: